Tuesday, December 21, 2010

I'm not crazy about chain or italian restaurants but Maggiano's won me over

I got a giftcard for Christmas so Matt and I ventured out to the town center as a treat on a Monday. Even on a Monday @ 6:30 the wait for a table was one hour. The reason? This place is actually good quite good and super reasonable if you make the right choice. We were able to nab two seats at the bar and it was perfect because we had a bartender that made excellent wine, food and drink suggestions.

We went for the Classic Pasta selections because they offer a deal that can't be beat. It makes it almost more expensive to eat at home.

The Classic Pastas are $12.95 and you get one to eat and one is packaged to take home! That is less than $6.50 a serving.

See the selections here
http://www.maggianos.com/en/Pages/Menu.aspx#

The wine pictured below is the Ruffino Salute Amico, Red Blend Bottled exclusively for Maggiano's by the world-renowned Ruffino winery in Italy. It is delicious and is reasonably priced by the bottle.


I got the eggplant which was wonderful and I got the vodka sauce gnocchi to take for lunch the next day. I loved the eggplant, the gnocchi was ok but the eggplant was just so outstanding.
Matt got the Mom's Lasagna with meat sauce for both of his portions and he loved it. I tasted a bite and it was quite good.

Frozen Bellini Swirl

ABSOLUT RASPBERRI, Lunetta Prosecco, Peach Puree, Gabbiano Chianti
Signature Cocktails

This peach bellini was drizzled with chianti and blended perfectly together it came recommended from our fantastic bartender.

I'm no Italian food expert but I really enjoyed Maggiano's and especially loved that I could get a high end experience in a beautiful setting and pay fast food prices.


Maggiano's Little Italy on Urbanspoon

No comments: